Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a 71 cb350 can you change just the plug wires and how? mine are a bit trashed. and when you change them what do i need to know about the new wires going in? thanks

·
Registered
785 Posts
You can't just change the wires, you have to change the coils too.
Bill has the connection for XS something that sells after market coils that work sweet or I can sell you some brand new Dyna coils for a bunch more money.

·
Sensei
27,160 Posts
Woody, ...You CAN just change the wires, but it involves more time and work than it's worth...and 7mm stranded copper wires are hard to find....Mike'sXS is the easiest solution.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so everything with those x2 coils works out ok on the 350? from that thread I gathered that it really just comes down to mounting the xs coils on the cb right? wire them up and youre good to go?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i notice he only sells the wires, what about hooking up the boots for the plug?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
never mind that, i got it covered. thanks a ton guys.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Woody -

The caps and wires are all listed on the same page as the coils (at Mike's place).
You want the smaller non-resistor caps, incidentally........

·
Registered
176 Posts
Crap, I bought the resistor caps- thought they recommended them. So I need the smaller non-resistor for my 360?

Looks like I'm starting my own ebay parts store with some of the mistakes I've made :)

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Bone said:
Crap, I bought the resistor caps- thought they recommended them. So I need the smaller non-resistor for my 360?
That's correct - give your old bike all the breaks you can, to hell with the radios.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank God you made that mistake first BONE, I was on the same path you took til 5 seconds ago. you know what they say about other peoples mistakes.

·
Registered
282 Posts
i have 5k OHM resistance on my 350. I have new coils and wires coming. does it affect the performance that much? will it be easy to swap out with no resistance in the future?

****, i just put through a $100 order with mikexs and i'm not going to pay the $15 shipping for a $7 order.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
danfr said:
i have 5k OHM resistance on my 350. I have new coils and wires coming. does it affect the performance that much? will it be easy to swap out with no resistance in the future?

****, i just put through a $100 order with mikexs and i'm not going to pay the $15 shipping for a $7 order.

See how it runs - if it's ok, don't worry about it now.
Call Mike's, there may be time to adjust the order, they've done it for me.......

·
Registered
282 Posts
well it was running with the caps before i took the engine half apart. so i suppose it'll be fine for now. i'll swap them out next time i do an order.

the package already shipped and is expected to arrive today actually.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but this is useful info.

I picked up some NGK spark plug wire splicers (http://www.parkeryamaha.com/ngksparkplugwiresplice.aspx) at a local parts store because my coils worked fine and i just needed new wires.

They worked excellent, and it let me keep the ease of stock coils. They work similarly to a compression fitting does for brake lines. I've had them on the bike for a year now and have no problems to speak of.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts