Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a 71 cb350 that hasnt ran since 1983...well i have it running. but only on one cylinder. Both spark plugs are firing great...but the left cylinder and not doing any work. Ive messed with the points and sync carbs...still nothing....i have found out though when i spray deep creap sea foam into the left carb...then it fires for a while and then stops....any help would be great. Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
More or less what mine did when I first ran it...
Do a compression test and clean the carbs really well.
The compression test will give you some clues as to whether or not it'll run at all and a clean carb is the first step to ensuring that the cylinder is getting the proper amount of fuel to function.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i figured the right carb is not getting enough gas...when i take the working cylinder off from spark and leave the bad on...then i spray starting fluid...then it will run off that fuel...but not from directly from the take...ive cleaned the carb several times and i know it has good compression because some times that cylinder will kick in for some reason and i go like a bat out of hell!!!...any advice why that carb is not getting gas? thanks

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
If you can spray fuel into the carbs intake tract and the cylinder fires, but it won't fire just on fuel provided by the carb, there's something wrong with the carb REGARDLESS of how well you think you cleaned/adjusted it...(usually nut not necessarily a dirty passage)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts