Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not corroded, I had just installed it and was having issues with timing to I went to take it back off thinking it's 180 out and now I can't get it off. I had just put it on there too. I've been working at for 2 hours now, it's not budging. Heat + pb blaster no help. I have another one so I don't care about damaging this one... how do I get this off?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I've tried taking off the housing completely. I can get the housing and advancer to move just a little bit... 3-4mm out and that's it.

Maybe I tighten the bolt at the end of the camshaft too much?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
20180731_220333.jpg 20180731_220346.jpg

This is where I'm at. Very frustrating. I've been going around with the circ-clip remover, to get behind the advancer and it's just not budging. I'll look into the faucet puller. Is it risky? I don't want to damage the camshaft.

I had it off 20-30 minutes prior (chasing oil leak). Crazy to me that I had just put that on advance on there and it got stuck like this.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Something had to have happened when it was off the last time - either the shaft got burrs or some kind of debris on it causing the advancer to bind, or the advancer somehow got damaged near or in the shaft opening... this doesn't just happen for no reason, and it's really strange. Hope you can tell once you get it off the camshaft, I'd sure like to know the reason

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That puller looks a bit more durable than that amazon one. Did it take a bit of tightening down to pull out? Was yours corroded on there?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
This engine was a mess. It was stuck on pretty good... But not rusted.
I got the puller from a junk bin at a pawn shop many many years ago. It seems quite beefy but I don't think yours will need to be... Hopefully.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Home depot had a faucet puller for $11. Got it out! Thanks so much doode. I have no idea what was up, there is no damage... maybe some debris like ancient mentioned.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts