Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've already received a significant amount of input and help through these forums. Everyone has been kind and helpful and I really appreciate it. I'm doing a semi-cafe conversion of my '71 cb350 and I'm looking forward to being of valuable help to others as I go. I'll insert some pics of the "before" condition the bike was in the day I bought it a few weeks ago.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Fuel tank
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle

And here are some pics of what I have done so far.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car

Vehicle Auto part Car Engine Automotive exterior

I've taken off the crash bar, both fenders, the stock air filters and covers, the mirrors and several parts that combined made up a back rest/luggage rack configuration. I will be selling all of these parts at some point and I'll take pics of them all. I know several of you will be interested in them.

As you can see there is a shallow dent in the tank, but I've been assured it should be easy to pull out with no damage to the paint.

I'll be getting a low-profile battery system to put under the seat. I've decided to keep the original seat and just pare it down some through a local upholstery shop.
The tires are dry rotting so I'll be getting brand new tires ASAP before I take it out on the road.

Oh and I'm also a new rider, taking the Motorcycle Safety Course this weekend (10/2015) then I'll get tags and license and be all legal and stuff.

Anyway, that's me and I'll be sure to update as I go.

Thanks for all the help I've received so far.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
both fenders
It has been stated often enough in the forum that I shan't write a great deal about it, but the front fender on many (possibly all?) old Honda twin models also serves a valuable purpose - in addition to keeping puddle splash, cinders, gravels, sand, mud, bits of overripe squirrels, and whatever else happens to be on the roadway off the rider and the engine/etc. (which others might also argue is a valuable purpose, but that's neither here nor there, lol) - because it is also the fork brace. You might wish to do some reading. It appears that the entire front fender assembly is not required for safety - IOW, a person could remove some of the material/parts without compromising things too much. IDK how much and what. Here is a random thread, with replies from a few members who have experience with the model, are very knowledgeable, and who would probably be happy to discuss this with you:
http://www.hondatwins.net/forums/52-tires-wheels-brakes/26905-70-cb350-front-brake-brace.html

Regards,

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks MDM. I will look into that and add back whatever is going to make the bike safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.