Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Great to be here, lots to learn! Just picked up a 1966 CL160 to restore as a motogiro ride. The bike shows a real CL160 serial number, 8,900 miles. Just getting familiar with it, I see it will need to be torn down, cleaned up and painted. The usual work needs to be done: fork seals, tires and tubes, possible engine reseal. The bike came with a new battery, new aftermarket repro carb set. There are a few oddities that some of you may weigh in on, such as the bike having chrome fenders (CB175?) and a RH chrome side cover. Other than those few things, it doesn't appear to have been heavily molested. I've been riding for 48 years, started on small Honda's, but my everyday rides are now vintage BMW's. Looking forward to being part of the group!

Tom

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Welcome... and it will be easier to validate the things you've mention once we can see it :D good to have another longtimer-oldtimer, many of us here fit that description. I started riding at age 14 and actually owned a CL160 for a very brief period before trading it (and another bike, a CA72) in on my first new Honda, an SL175 in '70. So, your first assignment is to post lots of pictures... we love pictures

1 - 5 of 5 Posts