Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a source for piston rings, gaskets, cam chain, and possibly pistons to rebuild the engine in my 72 CB450.

Does anyone have a good source for the parts that I need for a good rebuild?

Also, if anyone knows of a website where a rebuild has been documented, that would help a lot too. I believe I can figure it out with my Clymer but the more info, the better.

I've done some searching but haven't come up with much on the internet other than some racing parts but this isn't gonna be a race bike so I don't want to drop a load of money into this engine.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
restforyoursouls said:
I've done some searching but haven't come up with much on the internet other than some racing parts but this isn't gonna be a race bike so I don't want to drop a load of money into this engine.

Have you searched this site for rebuild information and pictures? JohnnyC14 and myself have somem pretty extensive pictures and there are quite a few others in the project log section as well.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Watch Ebay for piston kits, cam chains, and gaskets. Or call your local Honda dealer and ask. Mike Nellis (I think) has a very informative thread on here concerning a rebuild..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm in the middle of rebuilding my CB450 and except for a gasket kit I've managed to buy all my parts from Honda through a local dealer. I could have bought the gaskets if ordered individually. There's a gasket kit on ebay.

You need to put your location on your profile. If there's a great dealer near you who will help folks who are restoring an old bike someone here might let you know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
have you tried looking up Dime City Cycles out of Florida? they have a whole bunch of CB450 engine parts. I got a Gasket kit and a timing chain from them, they don't have piston and rings yet but i'm trying to find out from them where they get theirs because they restore engines in house so they have to have some kind of connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts