Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching for a #130 main jet for a CB450 K2 and I'm out of luck. The only thing I can find here is Keyster rebuild kit - are the main jets in these kits correctly sized? Ideally I'd like to get an OEM jet, but that looks ambitious.

There are some US sellers, but over here we have a problem with imports and the minimum postal pricing. About 12 years ago I used to regularly buy electronic components from the US using cheap airmail with no problems whatsoever - postage was about $2.30 on a bag of 100 transistors, sent in a Mail-lite bag. now it's $14.25 minimum on pretty much everything. The killer is we have an import threshold of £15 total (item + shipping). It used to be £18 but got reduced. So a $6 jet becomes $20.25, plus £8 ($10.57) handling fee + VAT at 20% on the whole lot. So that $6 jet ends up costing $36.98, or £27.99 at the current exchange rate.

There's also an additional charge on the financial side for payment in non-sterling. So the real total is closer to $40. Hence me looking for a jet over here - either new or used.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts