Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Backstory: Last friday I fired the bike up and ran it around town for about 10miles. All was good with shifting.
After letting it sit until today i tried kicking it to start and the kick starter wouldn't engage, not sure if thats a separate issue from my main concern. When i rolled the bike and hit the e-start the bike fired up (have to rebuild the clutch with new springs and rollers--not reliable starting up every time), then when I shifted into first and feathered the clutch out the bike started to go a bit so i shifted to second and it started to rev as if the gear did not engage.
Came to a stop and again in first, feathered the clutch out and the bike barely was moving and the rpms were higher then they should have been in that gear. The bike didn't have the power in first to carry to a higher speed to shift into second and if i did the bike would rev up again.

Prior to starting the bike, I did notice the oil was very low so i added about a quart of 10w-40 (what the oil filler cap designates)

My guess is because of the low oil in the bike something happened just not sure where to start focusing my attention on.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

-1971 Honda CB350 twin-

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Hmmm, then clutch adjustment it is!
Check to see if the cable popped out anywhere and work your way down to the engine case. Then check there. Last resort is opening up the rt side cover and checking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts