Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winter got you climbing the walls ??
Then this is the bike to do it properly with.

Beautiful '78 SherpaT, $1295.
If you ever wanted to ride Trials, it would be hard to make a better choice (among vintage Trials bikes).
I've put in many hours doing incredible things on one of these......

SWEET - wish I could afford it.

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/mcy/1593616597.html

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
WOW! I'd like to get a hold of that myself but I promised Beth that I've got enough going on for the foreseeable future. I told her I wouldn't by any more motorcycles until all the one that I currently have were in running/usable condition (the airplane doesn't count).

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MNellis said:
WOW! I'd like to get a hold of that myself but I promised Beth that I've got enough going on for the foreseeable future. I told her I wouldn't by any more motorcycles until all the one that I currently have were in running/usable condition (the airplane doesn't count).

Tell her how most people never get hurt riding trials - she might relent in that case.........

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
I never figured ol' Bill for a rock hopper... SUUURPRISE! :shock: :eek:

GB :p
Well, I wasn't always old, you know.
I actually was a pretty good trials rider in my time........Malcolm Smith was one of my heroes.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I love watching the trials videos on the net. Those guys can do amazing things with todays modern machines especially..

I didn't mean anything by that Bill. I never heard you mention trials riding in all the years we've spoken via the net.. Any good old pictures of you "rock hopping"??? Now that'd be cool to see..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry GB - throughout my life, the Guy With the Camera was always me.
As a result, any photos of me are very rare, I was always taking pictures of others, pretty much made a point of staying on the backside of the camera.
I may have an old road race photo somewhere, but haven't seen it in decades.
No Trials photos.

You're right - Trials riders are the virtuosos of motorcycle riders......
The stuff they do in the modern "Stadium Trials" is astounding - those guys are good, real good...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts