Honda Twins banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has had trouble accessing the SOHC4 forum, seems liek it's been offline for a day or so -- or is it me?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

OH Crap! There goes the search function again.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's back.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And now it's back offline?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
The club page doesn't get that much traffic and isn't a problem. It's the SMF forums that are the issue and go wonky now and then.

Lots of info there and probably near 20,000 members by now. I hope they can get it under control, it really is a huge sense of loss when a forum is lost forever.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And now this:

Table './forums/smf_messages' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I don't know what was going on. I have been a member there, for a very long time (one of the 1st forums I joined and I have never had an issue getting on. But, the last few years, I haven't been there nearly as often. I would be real surprised though, to see it completely go away. Great bunch of folks.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I swear, I was just on the SOHC4, just yesterday and now I can't get there. Server problem or what?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I just tried and its back up, there's probably some mention of the issue somewhere on there.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Well, I guess it WAS just a busy server, I have been a member there, since December of 2005 & not very regular, since around 2012 or so & this is the 1st time, I had any trouble like this.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Thanks for the input Alan, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
Well, I guess it WAS just a busy server, I have been a member there, since December of 2005 & not very regular, since around 2012 or so & this is the 1st time, I had any trouble like this.
I've been there as long myself. Internet traffic these days is really heavy, busy server eh? I wonder if it was just a minor hardware issue?
There doesn't seem to be any mention of it anywhere.

Glad it's up, I've got some research to do about splitting cases on a 750....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts