Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the entire bike with a clean title, shop manual, owner's manual, 2 keys, a spare engine and a buncha other spare parts. I haven't torn into her yet because I'm enjoying a 650cc 4 cylinder bike that I finally got running with A LOT of help from my friends. But, with winter coming up, I'm thinking about winterizing this 650 and starting on the ol' cb360. This thing has been sitting in a badly built shed for 16 years and extremely exposed to the elements. She's in bad shape, but all the parts are there. I'm very new to motorcycle mechanics, so I don't know a whole lot. I'm thinking about starting with a carb cleaning/rebuild, oil & oil filter change, fresh fuel, good battery, and new fuses to see if I can even get the thing to start. NOW, a few questions...
Is there anything else I might wanna tend to before trying to kick over this 360cc beast?
ALSO, just wondering, will the cylinders and pistons of any slightly larger cb bikes fit the bottem end of a cb360 to increase the engine displacement? Is it even worth it or should I just work with what I've got?
Any usefull information would be awesome. I'll post pics up as soon as I get a chance.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Check the ENGINE serial number area for centerpunch marks...there should be two if both the recall/upgrades were installed.... Read through some of the 360 projects here to see what is going on..... Welcome home!.... Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to surf this site and others backwards and forwards. I'm considering doing a complete, thurough ground up rebuild, including the engine. I figure this bike was free and it's already beat up, so where's the harm in learning on this one? (with supervision from experienced bike mechanics, of course.) It's so damn small I can lift the entire engine up onto the work bench by myself and if I screw up beyond all recognition the bike was FREE so nothing's lost. My buddy's really good at welding and he's built several hardtail, rigid bobbers. He kindly offered to turn my frame into a rigid, ol' skool wishbone and all I have to pay for is the materials. I'm considering it. But before I even get into that AND start pouring money into parts that don't help the bike mechanically I just wanna do a basic tune up to see if she'll even kick over. Than I'm gonna tear her apart and start dissecting, repairing and replacing little by little. Since I already have a running, 650 rat bike I'm gonna take my time with this cb360 and do something really cool with it.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Easy bike to take apart and put back together. Just dont forget to put tension on the tensioner after putting the engine together. You'll do 2 rebuilds like me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts