Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1971 CL350

Finally got this bike running well, and yesterday took it for an MOT (which it passed)

Its been off the road for several years.

Starts, and runs well pulls well through all the gears, and makes no unwanted noises.

All ive done are the basics, plugs, points, valve clearances, cam chain tensioner, oil, filter etc.

Did about 40 miles yesterday and she's puffing white smoke from the breather, smells a bit oily but there is no oil dripping from breather pipe.

My intention is to change the oil a couple of time more to make sure that any fuel contamination (previous owner had all sorts of carb issues)
has been removed (i dont know if there has been fuel in the oil but better safe than sorry).

I am intending to run the bike for a few months before a strip down and top end once over.

Do i need to be doing anything else at this stage

Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did all those things on my CL350 and it runs fine.

It's normal for the breather pipe to by a little misty if the engine is hot.

I'd be inclined to run the bike as normal and strip down and rebuild is required then do it. If it's a good motor with nothing untoward happening, leave her alone and maintain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
When my CB360 was running, I did get a steady puff of white smoke when idling and the engine was hot. It wasn't anything alarming, but noticeable if you looked down at the engine. I think you are OK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.