Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, check that you aren't getting fuel into the oil sump...
Rings tht "accidently' get the gaps aligned will allow for some compression loss and oil blowby......More common is rings installed upside down.......

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
I don't know the official oil capacity on a 125 but the on a CB350 its only 2 litres, so I'm thinking 2.4 is high. I'm wondering if the bike has a different dipstick? You are reading it while on the center stand on level ground?

Smoke could also be caused by your valve guides, they could be worn letting oil get in the combustion chamber.

Just read Steve's response, definitely check the oil for gas. If there is you should then check the float levels of the carbs, could be set too high letting gas flow into the engine.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Old petcocks/old shut-off needles tend to allow fuel to seep-by if petcock not turned off

·
Registered
659 Posts
burke7391 said:
Ok, so I've been studying my honda parts manual and found this o-ring which goes on the cylinder inside the oil hole in the head gasket. I'm sure this wasnt fitted when my bike was pulled apart and Im absolutely sure it isnt fitted now. Could this be the cause of all my problems? Thanks.

Yes. It has to have those ! You should be able to get them ordered from Honda at your local dealer.

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Without that o-ring, oil will slowly work its way over and/or under the head gasket...eventually getting to the cylinders..... I would almost bet that's your problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts