Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

looking for recommendations for a small,leather bag for storage that fits cb450s. I hear all the bad stories of why we shouldn’t ride with backpacks so i’m Looking for recommendations; to carry water, a hat, tools, and a spare shirt.?
i no longer have the on-board tool box but I do have a small leather fork bag, which is tied to the rear grab bar.

thanks!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Personally, I like a tank bag - they can be snapped in place or removed in seconds and they hold quite a bit of stuff. They make magnetic-mount tank bags as well and though I was skeptical of the magnet strength until I saw one in person, that's a great way to go to avoid the straps required for the conventional tank bag that remain on the bike when the bag is removed.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I've been using the same magnetic tank bag for years, its nearly worn out and I'm thinking of looking for a tail bag to strap onto the rear seat area that doesn't look like it belongs on a sportbike. Maybe not as roomy as a tank bag, but much more fun when its time to gas up.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I found a set of cases for mine.

20160509_113643.jpg

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Tank bag for me, this one has two internal compartments, one external and is expandable. It will hole a grocery bag. It has magnetic attachment with a strap that goes around the steering head. It is always on the bike. The exterior pocket has the garage remote and a small screw driver to adjust the carbs on the fly. I keep some bungee cords in the bottom along with a microfiber towel and a couple of paper towels for checking the oil. It is great for day trips, but would be hard pressed for an overnighter. Magnetic attachment make for easy access to the gas tank fill.

Jim's CB450.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tank bag for me, this one has two internal compartments, one external and is expandable. It will hole a grocery bag. It has magnetic attachment with a strap that goes around the steering head. It is always on the bike. The exterior pocket has the garage remote and a small screw driver to adjust the carbs on the fly. I keep some bungee cords in the bottom along with a microfiber towel and a couple of paper towels for checking the oil. It is great for day trips, but would be hard pressed for an overnighter. Magnetic attachment make for easy access to the gas tank fill.

View attachment 233561
You really adjust the carbs while flying? Couldn't do that here with all the potholes! :D

Sean

Reactions: JamesPal
1 - 7 of 7 Posts