Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I am new to the forum and I'm restoring my first bike which is a 1979 Honda Hawk CB400T II. Just got started on restoring and was working on cleaning the carbs and knocked one of the slow air jet rubber plugs into my carb cleaner and now it's a pile of mush.

I looked up the part on BikeBandit.com and you can't get one for the 1979, but on the 1980 model it is part of the gasket set. I assume it's the same size and would work, because I can't imagine they changed the carb much from one year to the other. Problem is the set is $45 and I don't need all the other parts for a different year bike.

Does anyone by chance have one of these lying around or could tell me where I can get ahold of one or two just to be on the safe side?

I also have my work cut out for me, the bike has been in storage for about 22 years.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
I saw a pair of them on e-bay recently but neglected to get them bought, I think they went for a few bucks. :evil:

You may be able to a used set of carbs reasonable, I think all the Keihin VB carbs use the same plug. At least the innards in the carbs on my GL500 (VB 29) are the same as the ones on my CM400 (VB 22).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info. Today, I also found a salvage yard in De Soto that has them for $3 and multiple other parts for my bike. Plan on heading there this weekend to check out what they have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts