Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fixing up my 78 Honda hawk II 400T and I'm almost done but I've run into a blinker problem. The left TS both blink just fine but when I turn on the right ones they blink extremely slowly. The blinkers stay on for about 10 seconds then off really quickly and then on for another 10 seconds. I have no idea how to fix it. Any advise is appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Clean/tighten the wire connections as well as the bulbs and sockets. Ensure both front and back bulbs are illuminating.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
You might replace the flasher, I don't know why but sometimes one side is slower than the other and a new flasher fixes it.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
could be the wrong bulb as well, drawing too many amps

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Yep, as stated check for correct bulbs and all connections, switch contacts, and bulb sockets. Probably not flasher if it works fine on one side. Low amperage draw would cause slow flashing, high amperage causes fast flashing.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Buy a Adjustable LED Flasher Relay Motorcycle Turn Signal Indicator off of e-bay for about a $1.00 solves a lot of problems and works with led and stock blinkers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for such a dumb question. I had a bulb that wasn't pulling the right amount of current in the front blinker that wasn't working. Thank you guys for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Sorry for such a dumb question. I had a bulb that wasn't pulling the right amount of current in the front blinker that wasn't working. Thank you guys for your help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are no dumb questions

1 - 8 of 8 Posts