Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , I’m restoring a 71 model and it’s almost complete ready to go. But I have fitted a K2 wiring harness for two reasons, I may want to in the future add indicators, and , I had it in my spares box. I fitted it all up and all lights etc work how they are supposed too, but I cannot get any spark to the plugs. The coils and condensers were tested by a auto electric and found to be ok. Does anyone have any ideas on where I should be looking. Thanks Lionel

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Power from black wire at the battery to the ing switch ,to the kill switch to + side of coils. Check with meter from battery to ing switch but you said you had lights so probably ok. Ing switch to kill switch . Kill switch off you should have 12 volts to + side of coils. With the ing switch 0n, kill switch off and no power to coils check your switch and wiring for shorts. If power to the coils did you check your plug wires and caps? Check your points plate to see if it is shorting to the frame and not letting power go to the secondary part of the coils. Check points and timing .

Hope this helps.

Bill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bill, this morning I put the harness black and white into power in the headlight and bang, everything works except for the kill switch, power to coils all working. The crux of my problem now is I can’t get power to or from the kill switch for whatever reason. I’ve tried another control for the bars and it doesn’t work on the kill switch part either.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
By connecting B to BW you bypassed the kill switch.

Do you have a wiring diagram? They're free, just do an internet image search.

The kill switch, when off, connects B to BW. Make sure one side has continuity to BW and the other side is getting power from B wire

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rebuilt but low revs problems

Hi, my 1971 SL350 is fully rebuilt and is so strong when pulling on the revs it’s unbelievable, but when kicking down through the gears as if your stoping at traffic lights, I have to really work the throttle to keep it going through all the popping and back firing. Get going again and she flys. It a real low rev problem, coils and condensers have been fully tested, carb kits in each of them. My mechanic is at a loss. Need some ideas please. Thanks Lionel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts