Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a K2 with a really strong motor, but at cold start, first kick it revs to around 3-4000 rpm for around 30 seconds or more, the only way to pull it up is to wind out the idle screws a couple of turns and then when it warms up screw them back in to idle. Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks Lionel

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
That sounds like a vacuum leak. Check the condition of the rubber boots between the head and carbs.
TOOLS

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I cleaned up the faces and gaskets and added a small amount of gasket goo, that did the job thank you. Regards Lionel

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now I have another issue, I’ve tried to get the air mixture right but it’s running like a chaff cutter, when you accelerate it’s really sluggish and popping and crackling, and then all of a sudden the power comes on and almost pulls the bars out of my hands. Would this be a fuel/carby issue or maybe electrical? Thanks Lionel

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Sound more like it is missing on some ignition cycles.

I would Unscrew the Plug Cap Ends and examine the contact.
At the bottom of the cap is a small screw at the bottom that is the contact.

Over time the contact area erodes and you will need to cut off about 1/4 - 3/8" of plug wire and screw it back on.

If this doesn't solve the issue go back and double check your timing and specifically the Advance.
This require a Strobe Light to See the Marks as the Spring loaded advance moves the timing while the RPM goes up Max's out at about 3500 rpm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts