Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SL350 (1969/70). It has developed an Oil Leak where the tachometer cable inters the engine. I have all the replacement parts (I think). My problem, at this point, is that I can not get the cable out of the engine after releasing the set screw. I don't want to force it and brake something that I can't replace. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did that. Still wont budge. Looks like maybe the two metals have kinda fuzzed together through the years, so I was going to try warming the engine up and also applying some lubricant as well. Just wanted to make sure there was nothing else I was missing. So once the set screw as been removed it should just pull right out - there is nothing that the cable is attached to from the inside that?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yes, it should right out. I've seen people think they could seal a leak there by gooping up the cable end with some kind of sealer and sticking it back in, as they did not realize there is a seal inside around the shaft that drives the tach cable. It's possible that is what happened to yours. You might end up ruining the cable to get it out, you'll have to grab the cable with pliers or visegrips and twist

1 - 4 of 4 Posts