Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Haven't found an answer to this one yet. Picked up a '73 CL350 for free yesterday. It was a field find and it's a little rougher than I anticipated. Namely, the shifter doesn't seem to have any type of satisfying click to it. Basically, I can just move it up and down. When I turn the rear wheel, which is difficult, it seems to go into gear but something internally is jacked up. A guy in my area has a '70 SL350 with a recently rebuilt motor that runs great. Question is, what would it take to transplant that motor into my CL350 frame? What custom solutions would I have to come up with if any? Can I use my CL exhausts on the SL motor? etc....

20171006_145545.jpg

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey all,

Haven't found an answer to this one yet. Picked up a '73 CL350 for free yesterday. It was a field find and it's a little rougher than I anticipated. Namely, the shifter doesn't seem to have any type of satisfying click to it. Basically, I can just move it up and down. When I turn the rear wheel, which is difficult, it seems to go into gear but something internally is jacked up. A guy in my area has a '70 SL350 with a recently rebuilt motor that runs great. Question is, what would it take to transplant that motor into my CL350 frame? What custom solutions would I have to come up with if any? Can I use my CL exhausts on the SL motor? etc....

View attachment 210105
Ride the SL! If I had the chance at those bikes I'd get both of them running. I suspect the trans prob may not be too big a deal. Change the oil, get the motor turning over ok and move the trans by rolling the bike?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts