Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I'm in the process of getting my 350 frame and ancillaries powdercoated and have come a bit unstuck with the upper engine mounts - or more specifically, the rubber inserts/bushes. For the most part, I've ordered new bushes for things like the swingarm shock mounts, but it turns out that the engine mount bushes (part no. 50356-286-300) are obsolete. I don't really want to mangle the ones I've got if I can't get replacements, but at the same time, the scruffy mounts are going to look out of place against the newly coated frame.

Do we think the ones that are in the mounts now would survive being pressed out and pressed back in again (I have my doubts . . . )? Alternatively, any recommendations for alternatives - or even better, the source of an NOS supply? I should add I've tried all the usual web resources and nothing's jumped out.

Thanks gang.

·
Premium Member
3,007 Posts
Contact Charlies Place by PHONE.
He has lots of parts that don't appear on his site.
I visited his shop while I was in CA last year nad he had those exact parts .
I know I bought 2 pair.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've found myself in the same spot and have also been searching high and low. And while I haven't done it yet, I'm going to use 2 rear crankcase mounts from a GY6 Chinese scooter engine. They measure 20mm OD, 8mm ID, and 18mm width. I've measured the cb350 bushings at 20x10x18.

I've found them on ebay and at scooterworks.

http://www.scooterworks.com/crankcase-b ... age_id=139

Cheers,

Rusty

Did you ever sort this? The parts still are nowhere to be found
I'm working on a CL350K4 and can confirm that what RustySpokes' posted worked for me.

After verifying the measurements were approximately correct, I ordered some of the GY6 crankcase bushings from Scooterworks.

When they got here I verified they at least looked like they would fit into the mounts and then verified that the bolts fit (both the original bolts and the shiny new set I ordered from AlloyBoltz).

After tossing the bushings in the freezer for a few hours, I applied some anti-seize and installed them using some bolts, a bunch of washers, and a pair of ratchets. You can see in the pictures that the bushings aren't pushed in all the way; I'll revisit that tomorrow with an appropriately sized socket.

Anyhoo, I came across this thread while looking to solve the same problem and wanted to confirm that the GY6 crankcase bushing will work for this particular application.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts