Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang, I need some dimensions.

One of the last bits I'm missing is the stand/prop from underneath the seat of my SL. I've been waiting to see if any turn up in the usual places, but it seems the only way to get one is to pick up an old seat pan. Since my seat is pretty much new (refinished and rebuilt), I'd rather not go that way . . .

. . . so unless anyone's got one kicking around, can I trouble one of you folks with a K0 to measure up the prop - I need approx length, diameter, that sort of thing. I know it's not going to be hard to fabricate, but I'd like to get it as close to stock as possible.

Thanks

Neil

·
Registered
43 Posts
The black rubber parts that keep the seat from moving around?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah - there's a removable prop/stick type thing that's attached to the underside of the K0 seat by two clips.

Can't find any pictures of it right now, other than on the fiche (it's part #8 - 77216-310-000). Sorry 'bout the size . . .

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Since it has a "310' bike code, only bikes that used that part will be suitable for measurements......
It is likely specific to the K0 SL 350 and those are somewhat rare, so I don't know if anyone can help....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The scarcity was kinda the reason I asked . . . :cool:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I'd bet it's similar to the prop rod for a "standard" 350 or 450, so it's likely a 6mm rod.....

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That wouldn't surprise me in the least. News just in from one of the Yahoo! forum members:

"My post measures 7 3/4 inches to the bend, then the short right angle is 1 1/2 inches. The diameter is just under 1/4 inch. I think it is steel.".

Guess I'll be heading off to the hardware store then . . .

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah - although something you mentioned earlier about the other prop dimensions told me to run off and look up stock. Different part #'s for the other 350/450's, but I've found a couple of places with bits in stock. My guess is that for economic reasons, the same materials would've been used across the range, although the exact dimensions are likely to be different for each model.

Since they're really low $, I think I'll try one of them first. I can't see them being nearly 8" long, but at least I can cut one down if it turns out to be even longer.

Lateral thinking, huh?

Thanks 66'

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For anyone who remains interested, or needs to find one of these things in future . . .

. . . the CL350 seat prop - 77216-286-000 - is an almost perfect replacement for the SL item. The angle of the bend is slightly too obtuse, but that can easily be rectified with a little brute force. Both CMSNL and David Silvers had stock when I last looked.

One other thing - find a little rubber cap for the long end piece. It'll stop the end digging holes in your nicely painted/powdercoated frame when you need to hold the seat up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts