Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang, it's good to be here. My name's Butch and I'm in the beautiful northern Shenandoah Valley, the northern tip of Virginia. I've been on 2 wheels most of my adult life, and have brought a few basket cases back to life - I enjoy wrenching as much as riding. A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time for another long term project, and located a 72 SL350 a couple hours from me. The owner was very upfront about the bike needing a total resto, and the low price reflected it! He threw in a spare CL350 engine since the SL's is locked up, and a crusty set of shorty CL pipes since the exhaust is missing.

I'll start a thread over in the Projects section, but for now I just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I'll be here frequently for parts, advice and the occasional shoulder to cry on!

Butch

Reactions: Olivier

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hey gang, it's good to be here. My name's Butch and I'm in the beautiful northern Shenandoah Valley, the northern tip of Virginia. I've been on 2 wheels most of my adult life, and have brought a few basket cases back to life - I enjoy wrenching as much as riding. A couple of weeks ago I decided it was time for another long term project, and located a 72 SL350 a couple hours from me. The owner was very upfront about the bike needing a total resto, and the low price reflected it! He threw in a spare CL350 engine since the SL's is locked up, and a crusty set of shorty CL pipes since the exhaust is missing.

I'll start a thread over in the Projects section, but for now I just wanted to jump in and introduce myself. I'll be here frequently for parts, advice and the occasional shoulder to cry on!

Butch

Hello Butch, Welcome, to the Twins. Nice to hear about another SL350 being brought back to life. Always cool to hear about another SL350 getting much needed attention. Lots of info and experience here. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks here as well. ;) Bill

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Yes, welcome Butch - you'll get the info you need here, plenty of 350 knowledge available. Your next assignment is pictures of the bike... as we say around here, "no pictures, didn't happen"! :D

·
Registered
493 Posts
Welcome Butch from Georgia. Will be nice for pix.

I too, am working with a SL350.

Only started with a frame, so currently in search of stuff too.

Maybe we can assist each other.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, welcome Butch - you'll get the info you need here, plenty of 350 knowledge available. Your next assignment is pictures of the bike... as we say around here, "no pictures, didn't happen"! :D
IMG_0127.jpg

56668475115__09708014-8326-4970-8679-D64E799C307D.JPG

Like I said...needs total restoration!

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hey Pops! I'm not far from you (barely) on the north side of the Potomac river. Looks like you need a lot. I'll scrounge around and see what I have & don't need. Got rid of most of the excess SL parts last year, but there are some still laying around. Are you shooting for a full resto?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Pops! I'm not far from you (barely) on the north side of the Potomac river. Looks like you need a lot. I'll scrounge around and see what I have & don't need. Got rid of most of the excess SL parts last year, but there are some still laying around. Are you shooting for a full resto?
Hey oupa, don't know if I'll be able to pull off a full resto or not - just the cost of a full stock exhaust would eat up all my budget!!! Take a look around the shed and let me know what you've got. Look forward to meeting up!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome; I’m maybe an hour and change east of you. I’m a noob doing everything for the first time, so I don’t know how much help I’ll be, but it’s always good to know there’s someone in some of the same pickles within shouting distance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts