Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been fighting carb/fuel system problems for some time now. I cleaned the tank (vinegar) and fuel petcock. Looks like I might not have rinsed the tank enough. Look what I found in the float bowls. They cleaned out ok in my ultrasonic tank with Simple Green Pro HD (purple stuff). In the process I found that the float on one carb had leaks. I dried it out and soldered the holes. See the pictures. I think my problems started by not running my 350 very much. It sat for quite a few months. The gas turned bad. I have 3 working bikes and the bigger ones seem to always get to go somewhere while the 350 sits. I guess the lesson is to run them more often. Hope this is useful info. Wasn't a problem when I only had one bike :) One of my other bikes is a CBX. I'd hate to have to pull 6 carbs and do this work!

Attachments

·
Registered
1971 SL350 K1
171 Posts
Gas isn't what it once was. I use unleaded 98 octane race fuel in my Sportster and chain saws. I use leaded 105 octane in my SL350. It has no alcohol and lead levels similar to what was available in the 60s and 70s. 2 year shelf life when sealed, 1 year when open.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts