Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, just starting to put this back together. Frame number is 1021435 which i think makes it's a K0. i'm pretty sure the tank is original but there's a gap between the tank and seat (which appears to be a replacement)
20210102_102816 (Medium).jpg

so i'm assuming the seat is not correct and that it is a seat from the K1
20210102_102948 (Medium).jpg
20210102_102751 (Medium).jpg

my question is, as seats are almost impossible to find over here in UK, and tanks are much easier, would the later (longer?) tank fit my early frame, although i know 2 wrongs don't make a right.

i could try re-positioning the hinge and lock brackets on the seat base, but then the ribber buffers would not be in the right place to mate up with the frame
20210103_154846 (Medium).jpg

·
Sensei
27,144 Posts
That is an SL 350 K1 frame.......The K0 is simply a modified CB/CL frame stamped SL......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now you've got me worried.....are you sure it's a 350 frame?.....the 175 engine and everything else fitted perfectly.....having said that, the frame number is stamped very lightly, hardly visible after being painted...do you know if the frame number is for a SL175K0?

·
Registered
40 Posts
now you've got me worried.....are you sure it's a 350 frame?.....the 175 engine and everything else fitted perfectly.....having said that, the frame number is stamped very lightly, hardly visible after being painted...do you know if the frame number is for a SL175K0?
I have a 1970 SL175 and went out and compared your pictures to my bike. It appears your seat and tank are the same as mine. I think I would look into those frame numbers just to be sure.

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
That IS an SL175 frame !

I couldn't find a seat for mine, so I ended up having a go at making my own.

Bike is a bit of a mongrel, more details over here, on the forum that this forum doesn't allow links to:

My-SL175-look-alike-project

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
My frame is a 1971 K1 model, slight difference in rear frame loop to K1

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the replies, as you say Richard, the K1 (and probably K2)frame has a more pronounced kick up in the rear hoop and large holes in the x-member just in front of it, compared to the K0....i'm pretty sure my frame is correct for a K0....i have a K0 seat coming, which i think is the problem.....that link didn't work, i'd be interested in reading it, cheers Adrian

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
Hi Adrian

The link doesn't work because the admin on this site doesn't like folks defecting to the new site, software on this site disabled my correctly addressed link. You'll need to google the name in my avatar to get there.

Assuming this post itself doesn't get censored ....

I mean, not as I'm Donald Trump .... :ROFLMAO:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts