Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1971 K1, and wondering if anyone can direct me as to the cable routing. And even main harness routing. The reason is, the deeper I dig, the more I uncover.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
On the few 350s I've owned, I've always run the clutch cable down the right side of the frame off the bars and then cross it over behind the top of the engine to come out behind the left carb and down to the cover. Throttle cable same idea only down the left side and split under the frame to both sides or as close to the center as you can get, my 450 is just on the ;left side of center next to the wiring harness. I can't recall if the harness starts on the right side at the neck or the left, but if you search images for an SL350K1 you might find an older picture that could give you a view. None of it is really critical as long as the routing provides movement without binding or kinking, but I like to put things back as I believe the factory did

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your last sentence after the word but, is exactly why I ask. In my mind, the people who developed these machines probably know best. I appreciate your reply.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
In my mind, the people who developed these machines probably know best
Absolutely - since getting started in the late '60s with Hondas and seeing how impressed my very knowledgeable father was with the way they were built as we worked on and learned about them together, I've always felt that Honda was very good at their designs within an affordable price range for what they put on the street. If you've read anything about their road race history, you know how much they learned and advanced that area and so much of that was translated into their street bikes over the next few decades... when Honda decides to do something, they're virtually always successful at it, and usually at a high level. Hard to argue with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts