Honda Twins banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No extra parts as I started with a 1972 SL 350 K1 chassis and a 1969 CB 350 Engine I had built for a road race project several years ago.
The SL Chassis has been de-raked to 25 degrees at the steering head by Panther Racing Frames here in Canada.
I've spent the last year and a half gathering new and used dirt track components.
Used dirt track wheels, rear brake caliper all required rebuilding and custom fit to the frame.
The forks are Can-Am 35 mm Betors - again refurbished. These required a custom made steering stem to fit them to the Honda frame and bearing sizes.

Here is a photo of the road racer / street tracker the engine came out of ( which I posted here a few years ago ) I sold the rolling chassis to a local chap who is in the process of making a cafe racer.
CB350 RH VIEW - 002.JPG

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It's been a while, did a redo for 2019. Powder coated frame & S/Arm. New style flat track tires( Shinko), full 350 cc top end, El Lumpo Cam and a host of other little changes.
First race is May 25.
MAY 2018 - 01.JPG
MAY 2019 - 02.JPG MAY 2019 - 05.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Nice build, I like it! Mind sharing with us how you mounted the CB engine into that frame? Did you make custom spacers, or was it more involved than that? Also, what size rims and tires are you running?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The cam was modified by a firm in Vancouver. the lift is about halfway between the Megacycle TT & Road Race cam specs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you. All that was required was a longer spacer required at the front lower right. 19" wheels front & rear. Shinko Flat Track tires.
I'm not using the top engine mounts for my situation . . .

036.JPG

1 - 12 of 12 Posts