Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Alex and I recently bought a 1976 honda cb 200t. It is in great condition with only 7,000 miles on it. I've checked and replaced all necessary features on the bike and it runs great. Now I am starting to think about options like painting the tank (someone did a horrible black spray paint job on it) and I have been thinking about getting a sissybar/luggage rack for it.

I have seen pictures and heard stories of people finding sissy bars and luggage racks for these bikes but I have no clue where to start in finding on that will fit. Ebay has very limited options and any websites I have visited are of no help.

Has anyone found a sissy bar/luggage rack that fits their bike?

Any and all help in finding one would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I see one on eBay, which says it doesn't come with the mounting hardware. That shouldn't be hard to work out. Thing is, it is only a sissy bar -- no luggage rack. Most of these old bars and racks came with a "decorative" S scroll as a sort of cross brace. They looked like they were stolen from an old aluminum storm door (those used to have similar "decorative" trim).

Also, most of them relied on the rear fender for support, often having little braces that went to the bolts holding the tail light bracket. That was O.K. if people didn't overload them or if someone didn't lean back too hard on the sissy bar. A lot of deformed fenders came from stuff like that.

For what it's worth, click HERE

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have seen this on ebay and although I feel that it would work, I would love to find something that is a little smaller and or has a luggage rack. I have seen photos online of people who have been able to find parts that fit but Have had no luck in finding one myself.

With a simply google search I'm afraid that this might be my only option, but would love to have more than one, if it is even possible for this year and model.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Hey ARodd, I just took the one of my Cb360t. I could ship it to you for $25. Send me paypal at [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts