Honda Twins banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know about these seat covers? are they any good?

HONDA CB350 K1 - K2 SEAT COVER 1969 - 1970 CB350LUCKY
$19.99
got to be trash right?

KNOW WHERE TO GET A GOOD COVER?

THX

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sirius is a great vendor of many hard to find parts for vintage bikes. They are located in Cambridge, ON Canada but are very well versed at shipping across borders.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought my tires and a few other things I can't remember from them. No complaints from me.

·
Super Moderator
5,924 Posts
If you can put together a reasonable size order, they are good. the shipping is fied price, which means the $2.00 rim strip is nearly $15 with shipping.

But all mail order is like that...Single purchases are often eaten up by shipping.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have ordered from them several times.
The product quality has been good and shipping has been very good.
In two days, the item has been shipped to Texas and on my doorstep!

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'll chime in and say I've also had good experiences with them.

Regarding seat covers, since I'm not doing it anymore I'll let you in on a little secret. I have done work in Indonesia since 1996. Around 1999 I decided to poke around a little and see what was available that might be worth bringing back. For about 10 years I sold clip-ons, mirrors, turn signals, and seat covers, mostly through Ebay. I found seat covers that were an exact match for the CB350F, pattern and all, but without the piping. I bought 3-4 my first trip, needed one, and sold three at auction on Ebay. Nobody had them back then, and they sold for around $100 a pop -- and cost me around $1.50. They were good quality, and included a silk-screened Honda logo on the back. I eventually started getting clip-ons and seat covers made to order, including a bad batch of 400F covers. At first they sold for $89, and then the price started to come down as more people got into it. My clip-ons were solid, but people from Taiwan started making better looking ones. And more people started selling seat covers. It was a good run, but in the end I was selling seat covers for $19.99 and shipping.

What's the point? They've probably sourced the same kind of deal -- good quality but dirt cheap, and the market now compared to around 2000 is very different. There are a lot more people doing it, and so prices have dropped. They're still making money on 'em, however, but can sell them for cheap. Might even be able to get them made domestically, save money on shipping, and still turn a little profit at $19.99 a pop.

I wanted to look into bringing back small Honda twins and singles -- a lot of CB100s, 125s, 150s, 175s, and 200s -- you need a special license for bigger than 250cc so bigger bikes are rarer. Some really cool older bikes as well -- a lot of old BMWs, and I went through a village in Sumatra that had a fleet of 1950s Brit bikes (some with sidecars) as the local taxi squad. but the vintage bikes over there command more money so it'd be harder to make it worthwhile, and there's not enough of a market for selling the smaller Hondas at a decent mark up to make it worthwhile. Looked at Vespas too...

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Good prices and good service. They respond in detail when you
send a question.

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Anyone know about these seat covers? are they any good?

HONDA CB350 K1 - K2 SEAT COVER 1969 - 1970 CB350LUCKY
$19.99
got to be trash right?

KNOW WHERE TO GET A GOOD COVER?

THX
Let me know if you go for it.
I am seeing foam, lol
I should grab one.
Let me know how it works out.
Mike

·
Registered
866 Posts
Had poor service from Sirius this week. Ordered a gasket set that was missing one gasket and was told to use a liqued gasket maker to make the missing one my self. Considering the price of a full gasket kit that says contains all gaskets I thought it was crap. Then I was told it was my fault for assuming contains all gaskets - actually contained all gaskets. Too bad they don't know bikes, being they are only an hr away. Never had a problem from any of the US sites other than shipping costs :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Had poor service from Sirius this week. Ordered a gasket set that was missing one gasket and was told to use a liqued gasket maker to make the missing one my self. Considering the price of a full gasket kit that says contains all gaskets I thought it was crap. Then I was told it was my fault for assuming contains all gaskets - actually contained all gaskets. Too bad they don't know bikes, being they are only an hr away. Never had a problem from any of the US sites other than shipping costs :)
Let me guess .... oil pump gasket???? I haven't found any gasket set that has that gasket included. Do not use any kind of rtv or liquid gasket. Get some thin gasket material and make your own. It is a simple gasket to make.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
When looking for parts, I always compare prices (and shipping costs) from all the usual suspects. I've bought from 4 into 1, Sirius, David Silver, Common Motor, Dime City, and eBay. I've had good experiences with all of them. It pays to shop around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts