Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a bad thing to work on the bike when it is leaning to the left on the kickstand?

The left side plug was not firing though it was getting spark. I swapped the plugs side to side and left side was firing but not the right. Replaced with new plugs and it ran nicely, my best yet, running evenly at 1200 rpm. Thought I had made progress but eventually it stalled. With each occurrence it became harder to start, even with a blast of starting fluid. Took out the new plugs and the left one was black and wet. Right one was fine.

At this point I am using a can hanging from a wire between the handle bars to feed gas to the carb. Tank is drying after redkote-ing it. Carb was completely dismantled and cleaned with some new parts like float, valve, etc. Need to adjust the mixture more.

So, why does this happen to the left cylinder?

BTW, have a left cylinder exhaust leak too. Could this be related?

I am amazed the exhaust nuts were so easy to loosen without a fight.

Thank you!
Justin

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Leaning on the sidestand should not affect the bike running in any way. I believe your bike has a single carb for both cylinders, so I would look at ignition and compression. If it is black it might be oil fouled. You might try a "hotter" plug.
TOOLS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts