Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out the wiring for the headlight on my 68' CL125. Last owner blew the headlight (can't remember how..) and I have a new replacement. Know next to nothing about wiring but... should this really be that hard?
Thought it would be be as simple as matching up the wires...

Would love some pointers on this. Thanks guys!

photo 3.JPG photo 1.JPG photo 4.JPG photo.JPG

Attachments

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
It IS as simple as matching colors....
Green is the ground (common) and goes to the vacant female connection in the pictured Green quad connection.....
Both Blue wires go to the headlight Blue.... (one is power from the hi/low switch and the other is power to the high beam indicator lamp).....
White wire from the hi/low switch goes to White headlight wire...(low beam)...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a million 66sprint! Just needed someone like yourself that knows that they are looking at. Hopefully get the headlight on today.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So... When I hook up the way 66 suggested... bike will not crank. Disconnected all and cranked right up. I noticed it looks like should be two white wires going into the connector at the white. There is only one available white wire to connect from the bike...

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
Several models use that same part number and on your bike, I'm reasonably certain there is NO "second" White wire to be connected there.....

Try again without connecting the blue wire that goes to the meter (indicator bulb) as it has a non-original plug and may be shorted elsewhere....
But DO connect the other blue wires together....also white to white, and green to ground.....IF the lights then work, my guess as to the location of the problem is correct....

Of course, it could also just be a poorly charged/weak battery as well, and the headlight is drawing too much current.....(6V batteries are notoriously weak to begin with)....Turn off the lights when starting the engine....

·
Sensei
27,171 Posts
I have a wiring diagram I can e-mail you if needed......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts