Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have used this lube on Orings and such.I am wondering if I should put a light smear on carb spigots (air cleaner boots,carb insulators) before assembly?
Anyone? Material property Paint Acrylic paint Label

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Just use the proper size fuel line (5.5mm if it's for your Hawk). Adding sealants where not required is unlikely to produce any desirable results.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I put some on the quick disconnect o-rings. I've put it on carb boots before to verify air tightness. I wouldn't think it would hurt.

·
Registered
635 Posts
It won’t hurt lubing O rings. They can slide into the groove and seal properly.

·
Registered
635 Posts
In the dive industry we use Christolube which is a halocarbon grease not a Hydrocarbon grease ; it’s compatible with Oxygen. Silicone grease is falling out of fashion..,and we use petroleum grease (Vaseline) on the bearings of the ice cream machines it’s food grade. We never use RTV (Room temperature vulcanising) silicone. Once it’s hardened it will break off and get into the oil stream.. big no no.
Is thus compound a lube or a sealant?

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
It will work just fine for helping the carbs to slip into the boots/spigots. I usualyuse spray silicone lube to lube the boots/spigots before installing the carbs. It really helps them slide in, and then disapates.
TOOLS

1 - 6 of 6 Posts