Honda Twins banner
241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lots of sanding with 220 and green scuff pads for body work, which come in different courseness. Wiped down with clean rags and I used a VHT high heat satin paint I wanted to go polish crazy but people today are drawn to black. I’m glad i didn’t do it flat or gloss because it would of been out of place in the frame. I also used a VHT non chip wheel paint for All the Matte gold pieces besides the bolts was prepped the same way but the bolts I just stuck into cardboard to hold them all at once. When they were done I installed them with a socket that had a piece of tape in it for extra protection.

Reactions: nyweb

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice job. I use same seat for my short legs on my Benly 150. My CB350 and just recently My CB400 Hawk really smoked on 1st start up but the more you ride them, they settle down. The feeling of accomplishment is so gratifying. How is it running so far? Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
76 Posts
Before and after. Still a work in progress but it was a real hack job. No wiring for brakes let alone brakes. No headlight or wiring. plenty of oil leaks. Fuel tank was leaking since it was welded to the frame. Clutch was slipping. Left crank seal was leaking.(actually still giving me problems) looking back I can believe how he had that tank. No turning radius. Used 10mm wrenches as tank risers which the weld ended up creating a leak in the tank. So had to get a new tank and macgiver a way to mount it. Proved tough seeing as i puntured my brand new tank due to the engine mount bolt that runs through the frame but simple mistakes open eyes for detail.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Ater:
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Sports equipment Wood Gas Auto part Helmet

Cat Comfort Wood Textile Finger

Wood Helmet Asphalt Gas Tints and shades

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Product

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Dog

Communication Device Rectangle Finger Sleeve Mobile phone

241 - 254 of 254 Posts