Honda Twins banner
221 - 240 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Since Photobucket destroyed all my photo links, I'll post this again...

Before - spent 20+ years in my lawn mower shed, untouched
76350338-5EF2-4F05-9B00-D40D5E9FA770.jpg

After - about $800 in parts and 250 hours work
ce1482de-407f-4feb-b145-f99ac794aec4.jpg

After - accumulated enough original parts to return it to somewhat stock
fc5ebd2d-f1fc-4f5e-a20c-f2d7ed542851.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Before and after, just a little paint and some new bars. Also, oil change, plugs, carb clean, valve adj, air filter, and new fork seals.

Before
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 3.19.13 PM.jpg

After
Screen Shot 2018-05-09 at 3.19.48 PM.jpg

·
Registered
122 Posts
I plasti dipped side covers and cowl. Put on original seat. LED headlight bulb and rear bulbs.
New spark plugs
New front fork springs
Fixed starter clutch

Future:
LED guage bulbs
LED turn signals
Clutch brake levers
Grips
Mirror
Maybe new bar
Paint gas tank

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think there may be a major bug from when the new site went live. All the photos seemed to have been resized to thumbnails which is extremely annoying especially on a thread like this one that was created to show before and after pictures. It really makes the user experience pretty awful.

My other thought is the change was intentional, I realize that we are monetized for ad revenue and the company that owns this site is one of the worlds largest forum monetization companies. Totally cool with that. But can they cut costs someplace else, server storage is cheap and the difference between full rez and thumbnail can't be much.

Either way its a shame I cant use this thread as intended and will just have to use google to look at different frame paints.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I dsagree. Did you click on any of the "thumbnails" above? All of them on this page open up to original size. If you'll recall, we had an issue with some pics that would not enlarge well on the old format and many of those pics are still here and despite the visual resizing in the posts, they still open up to what they were prior to the site change. All of the pictures in my original project log from 2016 still open up to the same size despite the thumbnail appearance. I've discovered that this format is not as particular about the type of image you upload as the previous one was - I don't bother to convert .png to .jpg anymore and they display just the same, but the previous format was partial to .jpg and .png would often display too small to enlarge, so I consider that an improvement too

·
Registered
248 Posts
It's an odd experience to have to click on this and that, it should be more fluid & not requiring folks to do a bunch of clicking. Pics should be full resolution as you scroll. For me I am not a fan but respect your opinion ancientdad, you have more honda knowledge than I ever will but just wanted to express my thoughts / disappointment.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The pics seem to work as they should. What drives me up a wall is images posted sideways !!! C'mon guys......this ain't Rocket Science !!!! You can tear a 2 wheel Honda down and put it back together but you can't master uploading images correctly ???? Lol !!!!

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
^^^easy brother... :) technology isn't as simple for some as it is for others. It IS a simple process to rotate and re-save a picture before uploading, but I have clients who I've known for 10 years who are no smarter about a computer today than they were when I met them - but they are plenty smart in other areas, many of them live way better than I do. It's like anything else in life, some stuff comes easily to some people and others, not so much. As for having to click on some of the pictures... I'm finding that the pictures already in place here and transferred over to the new format are mostly the ones that show up as thumbnails and have to be clicked on to view. Any new pics I've uploaded since the format change are mostly full-sized from the start

·
Registered
186 Posts
I guess I never posted on this topic so I thought I would catch up. Here is what I started with

And here is what it looks like today

It was a long process with much help and advice from forum members which is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The great thing is seeing the craftsmanship that was inspired by some idea and put a twist on it. Though my bike isn’t done I’m doing it In stages. Here is a pic of my 81’ CM400T motor before and after. Went with satin black and matte gold.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Took a couple of weeks but she started right up! Can do 70-75 miles an hour! Impressive little bike. Notice the stalactites on carb! They were locked up solid. Everything on the bike is stock including seat. Only thing I changed was points/condenser, tires and Allen bolt kit on engine. Obviously exhaust isn’t original. If anyone has a good set let me know! Very happy I was able to get it back on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
The great thing is seeing the craftsmanship that was inspired by some idea and put a twist on it. Though my bike isn’t done I’m doing it In stages. Here is a pic of my 81’ CM400T motor before and after. Went with satin black and matte gold. View attachment 308281 View attachment 308282
Wow ! Awesome job ! What kind of prep to the motor before you painted ?

221 - 240 of 249 Posts