Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm always amazed at the great bikes and amazing workmanship on this site, from true factory restorations to resto-mods to customs (cafes, trackers and cruisers) and even to steampunks. We thought it'd be nice to capture them all in one thread, so please post up your bike's before and after pics. Also, if you have a Project Log, feel free to include the link so people can view your work.

As the thread grows I'll keep a index on this first post to keep track of them all.

Index

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
1976 CB360t
Purchased in 1979, parked in wet garage in 1988. Removed from wet garage in 2012.
"Sophie" - After my Father's Mother....
BEFORE:

After a year of work and about $2800 to date:

AFTER:

New fender on first picture, old fender on the rest..She's still a work in progress.

Still more work to do, but right now, she is running and ridable and I am riding her.

Future work includes Electronic Ignition. Frame Stripped and Powdercoated, Rebuild Speedo, New H4 Headlamp that fits.

Pix show UNI filters, but right now, she is running on stock Air Boxes and relatively new filters.

I smile wide every time we go riding....

Edit, Update:

May 30, 2015.

Figured a bunch more stuff was done, and an update in order.

Left side Beauty shot 2 - Stonetown Dam.jpg Right rear quarter view2 .jpg

Electronic ignition: Done - Pamco E-Advance...
LED headlight bulb - Lowered amp draw...battery stays charged.
Sparckmoto R/R - Voltage stable
Upsweep Mufflers from Common Motor Collective
Ignition Switch replaced and located to stock area.
Horn moved to stock area.

She's running well and is fun to ride!!

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
This is a great idea, I will post op my first bike for now and RedRover when it is complete. love the bikes so far, look forward to more. This bike was shown in issue 22 of Cafe Racer Magazine. Click on photo’s to enlarge. My build threads are listed below. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
These other resto's are beautiful!
Isn't it amazing how well these old bikes clean up? And so much easier than a car . . .
That's why I went for a motorcycle project, as much as would have loved doing an old Brit sports car!
Takes up too much room!

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Deacon, I was looking at your bike again, it just came out wonderful by the way, a great color choice. I have been looking at getting a CBR 600f3 and putting on a Repsol fairing kit, the CBR must have taken some of its lines from your 400T body style, similar in a way, very cool the way your tank flows into the side cover and seat.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here's some of mine......
CHERRY BOMB
Found rotting under a tarp in an old grannys backyard......1975 CB360

BROWN SUGAR
Found in a garden shed pulled to bits, I started with just a frame and engine...

GOLD DIGGER
Put a wanted ad on all classifieds, this turned up....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Here's a couple more
Distressed to Kill
Ebay score. I'd already changed the bars, pipes & chopped the guards in this pic... 1973 CB450

SCALPEL
Ebay...again 1973 CB350

You've probably seen these pics already....I have a few build logs up here....cheers Simon

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Excellent, nice to see more bikes make their way into this thread. Amazing tranformations!

dgallagher said:
Deacon, I was looking at your bike again, it just came out wonderful by the way, a great color choice. I have been looking at getting a CBR 600f3 and putting on a Repsol fairing kit, the CBR must have taken some of its lines from your 400T body style, similar in a way, very cool the way your tank flows into the side cover and seat.
Thank you very much. I think that style tank (similar on the CB750F of the early 80's) was the start of the new style tanks. Like you said, more of a flowing design, completely different than the bikes of the 70's where the tank and side covers were completely separate. Have to admit that I wasn't really keen on the looks of the 400T when I bought it but it did grow on my throughout the build. I'd love to find another one.

That would be pretty cool to do the Repsol scheme on that bike. Post a pic if you get around to it, would love to see it.

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
Here is my bike the day I got it.
[attachment=2:1cnc08vs]Before.jpg[/attachment:1cnc08vs]

Here she is now - Reborn
[attachment=1:1cnc08vs]After (first test ride).jpg[/attachment:1cnc08vs]

Another during the first long ride of over 100 km's :D
[attachment=0:1cnc08vs]After (out on a run).jpg[/attachment:1cnc08vs]

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Though it does not look that bad originally, the PO destroyed this bike. Every bolt was stripped, and I think he had tried to adjust the cam chain incorrectly. I bought it after he had destroyed the bike after riding it with the cam chain tensioner incorrectly adjusted. He told me it ran just fine, but that there was no throttle tube. Of course I should not have believed him, but I still got it for a good price. It also came with brand new Mikuni's! Aluminium from the cam chain walls was everywhere when I took it apart. There were holes all over the gas tank from the PO's attempt to create knee dents, and a few other things that slowed the rebuild down. This was my first motorcycle, and I wanted a project, so no regrets. I learned a lot. I can't wait to do another, but I don't want to let this one go!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 249 Posts