Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Simple question but I couldn't find an answer. I have a 1976 CB200T and it starts and runs while the key is in the Park position (all the way turned). It also starts and runs when in the run position but I feel like it should not while in park. I am currently getting ready to track down a bunch of nagging electrical issues and needed to confirm if this behavior was expected or not.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The "Park" position usually means only the tail light is turned "on", sort of a silly thing as the low current LED had not been invented yet, so inevitably a battery full discharge event happened... The rest of the machine's circuits should not normally be energized when in "Park"...

Reactions: dmfcb750

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
The "Park" position usually means only the tail light is turned "on", sort of a silly thing as the low current LED had not been invented yet, so inevitably a battery full discharge event happened... The rest of the machine's circuits should not normally be energized when in "Park"...
Not silly in an era before LED. If your bike broke down on a back country road at night the park position means no one will drive into your parked bike

The only key possition that the engine should run in is RUN

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

Simple question but I couldn't find an answer. I have a 1976 CB200T and it starts and runs while the key is in the Park position (all the way turned). It also starts and runs when in the run position but I feel like it should not while in park. I am currently getting ready to track down a bunch of nagging electrical issues and needed to confirm if this behavior was expected or not.
If you can buy a new assembly, that would be the easiest route.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
You should check to see if the brown/white wire is touching(or plugged into) the black wire(ignition circuit) in the headlight area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts