Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, here I am asking myself the big question. Should I? I have someone very, very interested to buy my bike and would be making a very good profit. The only reason I would be selling is to rebuild another bike. There is a CL 450 and 2 CB 450 for sale dirt cheap in my neck of the woods. 1 CB is in rough shape and missing a few parts, no big deal I would have changed them anyway. But, there is also a very nice CB 650 for sale and always wanted to have a big 4 inline bike. That would mean walking away from you guys that I loved the help I got from and would like to stay in touch and would also like to return the favour to other newbies like me. But I also very like my bike and is the first one I ever rebuilt. Everybody like what I did with it and I put a lot of hours and pride into it. And no, can't have 2 bikes or more!

I'm torn and will probably loose lots of sleep over it. And yes, will have to run it with the wife.:eek:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-...ct/1311346025?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-motorcycle-...ct/1311346025?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Feel free to buy them, they should go to a good home and not gather dust in a barn!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Do what ever blows your bangs back. Some enjoy the restoration work more than riding, others prefer riding. I have sold many bikes and never regretted it. If you have the place, time and money to build another bike before spring I would say go for it. Your links showed the same bike four times. It looks to be a challenge to get it done by spring. Even if you chose the I-4 you can still post here. There is the "other bikes section." You should have more than one bike. That is just the way it should be. I have a couple of old GoldWings and I'm active on the GoldWingFacts.com forum. Keep us posted on what you do.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
If it were me and I HAD to choose, I would choose the twins every time.

There is a feeling and sound from riding a twin that you simply cannot get from an inline 4.
A twin sounds more like a motorcycle ought to sound like if that makes any sense. Plus the engine looks better but I might be a bit biased here LOL

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I'm have the same dilemma. This spring I did a lot of work on my CB450 getting it ready for the riding season. Then I made the mistake of accompanying a buddy to the local Yamaha dealer for a look around. The next thing I know I'm the owner of a new 2017 XSR900. I've wrestled with this question all summer since I've ridden the CB450 once since getting the new bike. Just when I think, yes I'm ready to sell I think no that might be a mistake and end up leaving it in storage.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,549 Posts
I know the mess I brought home a few years ago that turned out to be my 450 looked about as bad as those bikes did. It did take quite a while to get that thing into a running usable condition and I had plenty of time to work on it. NONE of those 450s are remotely ready to go and from how the seller sounds I bet he/they want(s) a pretty penny for them.

That 650, if it runs decently well on all cylinders and has a title is a steal. New tires, tuneup, paint, maybe some of the rubber parts replaced and you'd have a decent bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My wife said something like any more guns and I will leave, she took the truck and left.It was hell getting that truck back.

Reactions: Polish

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
My wife said something like any more guns and I will leave, she took the truck and left.It was hell getting that truck back.
Haha! The trick is to get guns that she would like to shoot. That is how I got my cowboy action and .22lr rifles :D

Reactions: Polish

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Matt "Guitar" Murphy to Aretha Franklin.....

I am very fortunate in that after last years DGR, my wife wanted to learn to ride... picked up a 250 Rebel... some weekends of parking lot course set ups... and one day she surprised me with her endorsement..
BUT NOT fortunate for me is that the 250 (as we all know) never satisfies anyone in regards to pickup or speed... She now loves her 450 Dohc.. and rides it to work whenever she can..
...a monster has been created as I now have to keep HER bike as priority (repairs-upgrades)..mine, well.. you figure it out..
But yes, it is a bit of give and take.. so if/when I show up with another bike or two...the only real questions she asks are "Are we keeping this one? Or flipping it after your done?"
So I can't complain...we had the whole "devorce" fight once... I had my friend at my house as soon as she left for work with the biggest U-Haul truck, all car / bike related stuff loaded and "sold" for $1,000 (because no judge will believe $1)
Relationships are a give and take situation... and if they get ugly.. rules go out the window
Not sure I would bet my relationship on a few old Hondas...A Vincent on the other hand is a completely different story!

Reactions: Bill H

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Don't want a divorce over a bike!
Whenever I get into this situation I start buying diamonds. Works everytime. $1000 diamonds = two motorcycles.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, here is my plan. I can't sell my bike right now. It is not done at 100% and want to drive it beforehand to work bugs out and may want to keep it anyway. It's almost winter here now and carbs are to be cleaned again, ultrasonic this time, and still have to clean the flywheel and stator. My buyer is buying 1 or 2 bikes now and I offered my help to do them as I like it and want to learn as much as possible. I will also be in contact with the 2 sellers in the spring and see what they still have in hand and go from there. I can't get that 79 CB 650 out of my head! I know exactly what to do with it and it is already finish in my head.:D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Whenever I get into this situation I start buying diamonds. Works everytime. $1000 diamonds = two motorcycles.
She doesn't like jewelry at all! So I'm at the short end of the stick here. Oh yeah, did I mention she is a lawyer?

Do you know what is worse than being married? It's married to a lawyer!:lol:

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Polish, I think if you're going to spend time working on something, it helps if you're really passionate about it. If I could ride as much as I wanted, the performance would trump whether it pushed the right buttons or not. That said you can't ride it if it's half tore apart. Tell your wife it doesn't count since its tore apart, and technically your "runner" counts as your "1" motorcycle.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Polish, I think if you're going to spend time working on something, it helps if you're really passionate about it. If I could ride as much as I wanted, the performance would trump whether it pushed the right buttons or not. That said you can't ride it if it's half tore apart. Tell your wife it doesn't count since its tore apart, and technically your "runner" counts as your "1" motorcycle.
You're funny!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Yes, sell it then get more to overhaul. Lets keep these bikes on the road.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah and just got an insurance quote with a full "M" and licenced for 30 years. Guess what? $581:eek:

I think restoring them is in my card!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
She doesn't like jewelry at all! So I'm at the short end of the stick here. Oh yeah, did I mention she is a lawyer?

Do you know what is worse than being married? It's married to a lawyer!:lol:
Dang, this is a hard one. Sorry, you are on your own...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts