Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, - I'm a new CB350 fan and would love to customise one to a street tracker/scrambler style. Problem is I'm worried what it might cost but first I need the bike! I like the dark green from the latter years and came across this one with+25k miles on the clock. Any advice greatly appreciated. Asking price £1300 stg. Anyone any advice on estimate of the cost to customise as well.

350 Nireland.JPG 350 Nireland2.JPG 350 Nireland3.JPG 350 Nireland4.JPG 350 Nireland5.JPG

...and this is how I want it to look..

honda-cb350-custom-2.jpg

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Check the 350 section, there's a thread on evaluating a 350 for purchase that will help. Might be in the Manuals or Misc. sections.
If it has good paper work, compression, runs and shifts then that's the big stuff to consider. That bike looks fairly complete.
The subject of cost is really dependent on you and how far you want to go. Anything less that perfectly done will devalue the bike. People spend upwards of $3000 to get one correct. Since you're new to this I'd suggest getting it, making everything work correctly and riding it for awhile before beginning any changes. That way you'll have something to compare the results to plus it'll help you define exactly what you want to change. You may find like others have that they enjoy the stock version so much they forget about modifying it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check the 350 section, there's a thread on evaluating a 350 for purchase that will help. Might be in the Manuals or Misc. sections.
If it has good paper work, compression, runs and shifts then that's the big stuff to consider. That bike looks fairly complete.
The subject of cost is really dependent on you and how far you want to go. Anything less that perfectly done will devalue the bike. People spend upwards of $3000 to get one correct. Since you're new to this I'd suggest getting it, making everything work correctly and riding it for awhile before beginning any changes. That way you'll have something to compare the results to plus it'll help you define exactly what you want to change. You may find like others have that they enjoy the stock version so much they forget about modifying it.
thanks longdistancerider. I'll take your advice. I'll probably see it this Saturday. Any other advice guys for checking it out? The essentails?

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Any other advice guys for checking it out?
Are you married? If so, is your wife not real enthusiastic about you getting a motorcycle? If the answer to both questions is, "Yes," then take her with you. Let her hold the money, even, lol.

Failing that: If at all possible, take someone along who won't really be bothered whether you buy it or not, someone who knows a bit about motorcycles, or both. That ought to be a general rule when one is considering the purchase of ANYTHING that costs more than they can comfortably afford to throw away out of one week's paycheck.

BtW, not everyone will let prospective buyers test-ride their motorcycle (and understandably so). But if you show up with someone who is dressed to ride (AtGAtT), has a motorcycle endorsement on their driver's license (if applicable), and - hopefully - shows up on a motorcycle that is in at least good condition... I would think that your chances of that person being allowed to test it would be higher - AND he'll/she'll probably have a better chance to tell what kind of overall condition it's in than you would.

+1 on looking at the sticky on evaluating your new/potential new motorcycle! Also, IDK what parts (if any) are hardest to find on that model of motorcycle, but it probably wouldn't hurt to familiarize yourself with the list. I'm sure that more than one person has purchased a motorcycle (etc.) because "it only needs a few things" only to learn after the purchase that the reason it needed those few things was because the PO did everything he could to it - and then ran into a wall when he tried to find those few parts. These aren't exactly currently produced models.

BtW, good luck!

Regards,

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
The 350 is a great bike. Does it have papers? Where are you located? I know it can be near impossible in England, or at least a lot of work to get it titled.
Remember to always offer lower than the asking price. It seems a bit pricey to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts