Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been offered this 305 from a dealership I'm friendly with. One of the principles picked it up from someone who had a 'For Sale' sign on it at the side of the road. The owner is a talented racer and mechanic but I think he got a good price on it but doesn't really want to devote a lot of time to it. I think he had visions of fixing the spark on it, cleaning it up a little and riding it around the small town where they're located.

Other than it being a 305 I don't know anything about it. What did they call these bikes? CA77? CA72?

It has a single carb and single points but that's about all I know. He has the side covers for it as well as the other exhaust pipe. He said they did a compression check but my guess is they just kicked over and felt it made good compression (it does based on my 'heel of the foot' kick).

Can someone fill me in on this bike and what I might be getting myself into? He's asking $500 but I'm sure I can get it for less.

http://picasaweb.google.com/6453635/1965Honda305#

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I agree - if it's a 305, it will be a CA77 or something, not a 72. there were a whole bunch of models, from C/CA/CS/CSA 76 to C/CA/CS/CSA 77.
The 72's were equivalent 250 models.
If it's fairly complete, it's worth $500 easily. Dreams are among the most collectible Hondas, probably due to their styling.
The CS/CSA is considered very desirable......

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Not to mention it would make a hellofa birthday present.... Let's see... Who do we know that has an April birthday?..... LMAO!.... Steve :twisted:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh man, you guys are killing me here. Words like 'desirable, dependable etc.' are tearing my guts out.

I've just got too many project going on and my initial cost estimates for these things was way to low. :)

Maybe I can sneak the guy a deposit and have him hold it for me while I slip him some cash once in a while. :oops: Did I just say that?

It looks like it would be a fun project but the pitting on the wheels and exhaust mean it might be expensive.

Decisions, Decisions.......

Thanks for the leads on the bikes model. I'll have to get the VIN to know for sure but it looks like the CA77 but the web site link uses the same VIN number for the "Early" and "Late" models. It seems only the gas tank is different and I can not tell the difference from the pictures. Oh, one other thing, it doesn't have a title but here in Texas that's not a big deal and nothing $200 for a Bonded Title won't take care of.

Quite frankly, I'd rather have the 916 behind it, but I definitely can't afford that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts