Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking for a new helmet. I have been trying them out. First, i want full face helmet. Second, I wear glasses. Third, I dont want tons of graphics. I did not like the Scorpion exo, icon alliance or bell qualifier. The Bitwell lane splitter looked great but front vents wont close and too costly. any suggestions thanks

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
I use arai. my glasses easily slide in.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For racing I use a HJC, not sure of model but mine is plain white and a buddy got one in red. About $130 and is DOT and Snell approved. I do wish it had a larger opening to see thru as hard to see foreword when looking up while tucked in--well as much as chubby me tucks in... I wear glasses too.
For street I like a flip up full face.

Anyone have ideas on putting a visor on a full face helmet??? I hate riding west in the evening.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen some with visors like an offroad helmet. mine has a tinted inner shield great for daytime. hjc cl 17 is an option i am looking at. I sit up not tucked down. the lane splitter is dot and ece.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Which helmet you like has a lot to do with how it fits, which has a lot to do with the shape of your head. I recently bought a solid white Scorpion EXO 410R, which fits me great, has plenty of room for glasses, and is both Snell and DOT approved. I chose white (which was difficult to find since that model was discontinued) because that color is cooler in the summer, more visible, and has a retro look. I don't know which exact model Scorpion you tried, but if it doesn't fit your head, all the other features don't matter.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am leaning towards the Bitwell Lane Splitter. I love the look of the helmet and its ece certified.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just bought a Shoei RF SR and I wear glasses. Have to take them off to put the helmet on, but they slide right in. Actually fits better than my previous open-face w/visor HJC.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I could not resist, I bought a Bitwell Lanesplitter! I saw one at a store and fell in love, I went for the red.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Looks kinda like a leather covered 3/4 with a paintball mask added..
FWIW.. my wife recenty purchased a Builrwell ****** S.. fits a little "loose.. her measurements fell right in the middle of small and medium.. she got the medium. After speaking with a guy at a bike dealership,(and online) if your size falls in the middle of 2, go with the smaller..
Not a big deal, Builtwell offers thicker pads at a minimal price..
Hedon, is a sponsor for the DGR.. love the helmets.. but not the price..
https://www.hedon.com/
IMG_6406.jpg IMG_6406.jpg

·
Registered
353 Posts
Been trying to decided on what helmet to buy for this season. Just bought this 3/4 helmet with attachable visor/ goggles and face mask. Not sure if it will be a pain to take on and off or not, but I'll let you know after I get it in about a week or so.

View attachment 246393 View attachment 246401
Update on this Voss helmet I bought a month ago. It's pretty good helmet and fits with my glass I regularly wear. It's a little different to get use to putting it on, but I think I have a good technique down now. Not too hard to remove the goggles and face mask if I just want a 3/4 helmet around the neighborhood.

Probably would fit better if you don't wear eye glass or have contacts. One time I put on the mask and when I was driving the highway it started pushing my glasses into my skin bad. Had to stop and adjust it. When you get to 80mph or above the mask sometimes want to shift or move a bit. Need to have the chin strap on at high speeds or it feels like the helmet wants to fly off your head. Now I have ridden with it a while I know how to adjust it to resolve most of these minor issues.

IMG_5044.JPG

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update. I love my lanesplitter still. I added the tinted shield. The air through front is awesome. I

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts