Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Redoing a 1966 Honda Red Bomber It sat for 38 years-needs a lot of work. Are there any stock or near stock shocks to replace the rust ones on the bike. thanks Jim

·
Registered
572 Posts
If you are looking for a step up in performance, Hagon makes a set that looks pretty close to stock. I think that you can order them with the uppers in red instead of black.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Hi Jim
Are you looking for a "correct" restoration
or is that not so important? The red covers on the Hagons could work but may not be the correct red.
As you probably know red was an original
K0 option and a few parts were listed in the parts book. If you can find the covers
they can be replace the black covers on the original shocks.
Cms Holland may have red covers.
If you are not going to ride the bike you may find CB72/77 red rear shocks look very similar and would be easier to find.
Incidently, do you have a picture of a red bomber to use as reference to restore to?
For my bike I used the LP record sleeve with Maynard Ferguson "Riding High" as my reference as the cover photo was taken in 1966.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
+1 on the Hagon shocks, though I don't know about the red color. They are nice riding. Make sure you get the narrow bodied type- the wide ones will bang into the chainguard on this bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts