Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
I have been off of my bike (cb350 g) for over 20 years.IT RUNS AGAIN!
Even though they look great, I should probably replace the tires.
I am looking at shinko 712. They are H rated, 4 ply, tubeless but the info says that they can be used with tubes. Looks like I can get the pair with tubes and rim strips for close to $120.
Does anyone have experience with these? I will not be racing (those days are gone :D), just relaxed rides in the country on mostly dry pavement. 45 degrees and warmer.

Any input is appreciated on other tires also.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Someone with personal experience will be along but I've read very good things here about that tire.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I run Shinkos and I don't think thereis a better value in motorcycle tires, though I'm dirt poor and not experiencesd as some. I mount them myself and I have heard it said the beads can be tough comparitively. IDK if it's true but they are not easy to munt. I run a 712 on the front I just got and aim to replace the rear with a 712 soon. For the money IDK if anyone beats it and I have heard no bad reviews outside of the beads being tough.

I have to take them to the Les Schwab to get it beaded up, but I've mounted a few. The cheap $8 motion pro tire irons do the job, but it takes some muscle too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all very much. I think I will give them a shot.
With so many options now, I tend to make a bigger deal out of choosing than necessary. Now on to replacement mufflers..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts