Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While trying to remove the shift stoppers on my 72 cl450 I somehow removed the entire bolt that they pivot on instead of just the little 10 nut that holds the springs and everything on. When trying to get the bolt (threaded on both ends) back into position i carelessly stripped the end of it and am now able to get the nut on (with about an 1/8th of an inch visible past the nut) but doesnt seem as tight as it should be and the nut just keeps turning without getting tighter. Sorry for the long winded explanation but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what can be done, thanks inadvance!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It seems to shift okay when I just manually turn through the gears but I pretty sure it shouldnt be left like this...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok...is that standard threading that i can get at a hardware store or where could i possibly procure the exact honda stud i need, i wouldnt know what to search for.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
You could simply match the bad one, or your Honda dealer should be able to get you an equivalent metric fastener....Probably 6mm X 1.00 threads by however long....Someone here might have a spare....Ask....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts