Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Shane,
Your rolling chassis looks excellent!
Why type/size of tire do you have up front?

Did you lace up some Akront rims or are those original?

Tom

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tom,

Sorry, my ADD kicked in. You also asked what kind of front tire. It is a 100/90 -18 Bridgestone Batt L AX. Jordon from the old DOHC gave me that a long time ago.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took this picture just after replacing the bars for the correct high bars. I still need to get the cables sorted. The bike looks so much meaner with the CYB bars.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
Those wheels look fantastic. Beautiful bike.

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, I did not post any replies earlier. I have been busy with work. Thank you, for all of the positive feedback. I got a little depressed after Mid-Ohio. I made the mistake of showing it at the AMA bike show, after it was suggested that I do so by an AMA official and had several people just hammer me for 1. riding it 2. having the wrong rims on it and the chrome is not flash chromed like Honda did it originally. I was told it looked to good. I got so upset about it that I wheeled it out of the show area and road back to my spot in the swap meet area. I'll never do that again. Instead of giving me advice on how I could take it to the next level they just stood there and pionted out everything they thought was bad and not in a nice way. The only person in the show that was great with advice was the person that wound up getting "Best in Show", Art Benshiemer was a true gentleman. If you live in Indy he owns a big bike dealership. It took me 5 years working in my garage with the help of my local shop and the many great people in this group to get that rust bucket back on the road. Thank You, All!

·
Registered
68 Posts
buckeyebomber00 said:
Sorry, I did not post any replies earlier. I have been busy with work. Thank you, for all of the positive feedback. I got a little depressed after Mid-Ohio. I made the mistake of showing it at the AMA bike show, after it was suggested that I do so by an AMA official and had several people just hammer me for 1. riding it 2. having the wrong rims on it and the chrome is not flash chromed like Honda did it originally. I was told it looked to good. I got so upset about it that I wheeled it out of the show area and road back to my spot in the swap meet area. I'll never do that again. Instead of giving me advice on how I could take it to the next level they just stood there and pionted out everything they thought was bad and not in a nice way. The only person in the show that was great with advice was the person that wound up getting "Best in Show", Art Benshiemer was a true gentleman. If you live in Indy he owns a big bike dealership. It took me 5 years working in my garage with the help of my local shop and the many great people in this group to get that rust bucket back on the road. Thank You, All!
Hey, man, it's your bike, and a stellar one at that. Ride it, enjoy it, and next time someone says you did it all wrong, tell em to take a piss. It's a beautiful bike, sir. I do say, I'm jealous.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry they where such snobs at Mid-Ohio. Be proud of what you did, it's a beautiful bike. What did they say about riding it? I would have told them motorcycles where meant to be ridden, and the fact that it is rideable makes it better than one that can't be ridden.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Dont beat yourself up over the critsism of others dude, that bike is amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
I usually find that the "experts" have never rebuilt a bike from the ground up and have either just bought the perfect bike for silly $ or are gunners :lol: "gunner restore my super rare xyz someday, till then it's just gunner have to live out in the rain"
Yours is a beautiful bike and with "period modifications" allowing the owner to truly enjoy the fruits of his labour :D I have seen CB77's that were treated to the full chrome package by dealers so re-chroming is also a period owner modification!

I for one would shift a bike out of my garage to make way for your K0!! :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
buckeyebomber00 said:
Sorry, I did not post any replies earlier. ... It took me 5 years working in my garage with the help of my local shop and the many great people in this group to get that rust bucket back on the road. Thank You, All!
Hey buckeybomber00,
The only thing that is important here is what is in your heart. You've accomlished an exceptional feat by bringing a rust bucket back to a beautiful piece of early Japanese/Americana: AND RODE IT. Don't take the words of "judges" who are looking for the holy grail of bikes as a personal afront to your hard work. Trust us, 99.9% of the WORLDWIDE population would not be able to tell the difference between your restoration and a factory original.
Love it, and be proud of what you've done.

Your bike ROCKS!
Respectfully,
Tom

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
buckeyebomber00 said:
Shane, judges at concourse shows are in my humble view museum people and not bikers. The words from them you should hold on to is "I was told it looked to good".
I know to well the kind of people that let their eyes walk all over your bike and say, that bolt under there is the wrong one, it's not original. My usual anwere is, the bolt is not wrong mate because this is my bike and I use it on the road.

Ask your selfe, what is most important for you? To get 6:th in a concourse show or to be mobbed by people at the petrol station saying, I used to have one of those, it looks absolutley stunning, i'm so happy to have seen one again.

To me it's more important to make somebody smile at the petrol station than to get approval from a concourse judge.

/Ronny

·
Premium Member
7,865 Posts
Yes, your bike is all wrong...so wrong in fact you should just get rid of it.
If you send me the key to your garage I can descretely remove it so no one will see your shame. please leave the key in the ignition, the signed title under the seat and a full tank of gas and I assure you, you will be aflicted with this inadequacy no longer.

;)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Not to beat a dead horse, but that thing is gorgeous. Amazing even.

I'd have told those pricks, "Yeah, but wait till I get my clubmans on!"

While they're sitting in their shop looking at and talking about their old bikes, you'll be out riding that sweet KO. Who is getting more satisfaction from their machine?

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all of the feedback. I agree. I did not spend five years tracking down all of the parts and getting it back on the road to have it sit in my house so I can keep it clean. I just picked up a '68 CB450 complete with tool kit and title with a locked up motor. 2,4xx miles on the clock. Any suggestions on how to unlock? At least everything is there! I'll need new plastic badges.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts