Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

So I am working on some issues on a new to me Dream. I am trying to set up the rear brake. I do not have a decent manual - I have a Honda Shop manual, but its sketchy to say the least....

My rear brake works great, but there is not enough travel to actuate the brake light switch. Is anyone aware of what angles and such the brakes need to be set at?

Also - asked 1,000 times, I know. But is there a decent manual online for these machines????

Thanks!

Gersh

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW -

I did check the Honda Common Service manual. On rear brakes it sys to spline the arm on the punch marks - but, I do not see any punch marks! :?

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GB,

I tried that, but there is not enough adjustment to make that work. i am thinking it has to be the angles I am not getting correct. Also, PO bent up the stop switch rod to take up some slack, but that is not working either.

Gersh

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I got it. The brake arm was splined too far forward, and would not allow enough travel to activate the brake switch arm. Its still funky, but by hand the brake lever action feels like its as good as a CA77 will get...

Now, if only I could make it less bouncy! I am Christening her "Pogo" ;)

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I managed to eliminate SOME of the "pogo" in my C200 (same basic design front end) by adding some washers to the shocks, thus preloading them. You MUST have all the pivots, and their bushes up to specs as well, wear here will allow slop contributing to the "bouncy" front end......

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK. I still cannot get the rear brakes to a point where I wiould trust them. The pedal movement is just way too much. I am thinking that the shoes are probably shot.

Here in lies the problem, I can get the front shoes all over the place, but no one has the rears. Anyone have a source?

I have been checking Ebay, and neither DSS or WHH has a lead on them. :evil:

Any ideas, or easily substituted model brakes would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Gersh

1 - 7 of 7 Posts