Honda Twins banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
!985 CB450SC

Now when I say "no money" I really can't afford much, but maybe can come o=up with something if need be.

Been running rich a long time, but living with it till recently.

Got the carbs apart and there is either pitting or corrosion that won't come off with a q-tip on the high side carb float valve.

How do I even get the needle valve out? Looks to be an o-ring press fit, NOTHING TO GRAB!

Can I go over the pitting/corrosion (whatever it is is tiny right by the hole) with super fine steel wool? Should be better than things are even if not right.

As it is I think the q-tip and a lot f finger pressure made it flow slower, maybe enough I can ride it floody again like it was (it was firing on both again unlike before my cleaning thus far) but whatever the damage is, it's not coming out easy. At this point I'd sell the bike to someone better equipped to deal if the money was offered.

Grr, thanks

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed in OP though not relevant to the situation specifically, AFAIK, all the same aside from single carb 250 size.

No pics, no camera good enough, too small.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Specific model information is always relevant. Even within the SOHC family there are significant differences in various systems including the carbs.

Apparently the part you are unable to remove is the float valve seat. They are pressed in and are not intended to be replaceable. I expect you've already ensured that the fitting and lines are perfectly clean, no debris preventing the valve from sealing.

Some polishing compound on a q-tip spun with a drill might clean it up.

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
A Dremel rubberized fine-grinding bit (cone or bullet shaped) will do the job (spun in your fingers if necessary).......

You may have to reduce the outer diameter against a "real" grindstone to "fit" it to the task....Then polish with the Q-tip.........

Reactions: J-T

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A Dremel rubberized fine-grinding bit (cone or bullet shaped) will do the job (spun in your fingers if necessary).......

You may have to reduce the outer diameter against a "real" grindstone to "fit" it to the task....Then polish with the Q-tip.........
Last two prolly two very good suggestions.... Will let you know....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Specific model information is always relevant. Even within the SOHC family there are significant differences in various systems including the carbs.

Apparently the part you are unable to remove is the float valve seat. They are pressed in and are not intended to be replaceable. I expect you've already ensured that the fitting and lines are perfectly clean, no debris preventing the valve from sealing.

Some polishing compound on a q-tip spun with a drill might clean it up.
I didn't wanna use power, just twirled a q-tip with valve grinding compound, looks clean now, just have to blow it out and install and pray now. Did a bit on each seat for evenness.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PLease buy this POS I HATE it, I am about to run it off a cliff or torch it, I am 100% serious.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark, why dont you give 66sprint a call, im sure he can walk you through the fix, for that problem.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Spark problems now, I don't see resolve. I want it gone damn ity, I hate the machine. I need it and if it worked I'd be happy, but it doesn't and it's not gonna for me, that I'm pretty sure of. No money or patience when I am so desperate. I will pay the cost prohibitive insurance and fix my car before this bike is ever fixed likely.

I just want done with it. Get another Yamaha or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts