Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just listed my bike on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/122999344854?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 for absolute auction, it will close in one week. It will be interesting see what it brings. I'll be lucky to get half what I have in it, but we all know how that goes! I got my money's worth though, I had a ball the last two years re-living my youth. I did a little wrenching and a lot of riding. I left the bike better than I found it, and even more original, if that's possible. I put 5,000 miles on it and it never let me down. These twins are sweet machines and just a hell of a lot of fun.

I want to thank all on this site. It is a great, helpful, low snark, low BS community. I hope I was able to give back a tiny fraction of what I received.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Richard that is beautiful! Very nice job on the posting too. Are you giving up cycling completely?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, yes giving up cycling. I’ve had two short, intensive cycling episodes in my life. The first was from 1977 to 1979 when I learned to ride on a 350 and then put 25k on an XS750. Then the last two years. Just the way I did it.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Bids are building... 22 so far. Any chance of posting (after winning bid) just what your expectations were (price) and overall experience with selling a bike e-bay.... just in case someone else may concider using this selling platform..

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
I'm sure the bidding would be increased if the north east wasn't being hit with SNOW! I'm sure the last thing on their minds is shopping for a vintage motorcycle.��

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Good luck Richard! Hope you stick around!

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
I will guess it will sell for around 2500.00
what would you expect or be happy with?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I'm sure the bidding would be increased if the north east wasn't being hit with SNOW! I'm sure the last thing on their minds is shopping for a vintage motorcycle.��
Unless you have an enclosed hauler and are going from garage door to garage door moving bikes around in the winter is a pain. If you have never fallen on ice you just can't imagine how fast it happens and how hard you land, breaking bones stuff.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone. Yes, I am happy with how the bidding is going. I’m a believer in a national market getting the best price, the shipping/travel cost reduces the final offer, no doubt, but I think you come out ahead compared to a local listing. I’m also a believer in no reserve auctions. It was supposed to be spring! I was going to wait a week or two, but once I was happy with the listing, I just did it. It’ll take a couple a weeks to complete payment and arrange transport, hopefully it’ll be thawed out by then. When this bike was shipped to me it arrived in a van, not uncommon, I think, for these small load shippers.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I’d report back on how the sale went. The winning bidder was a guy in Indonesia who asked if I could ship it there :rolleyes: Fortunately, the next guy down the bid list wanted it. I got the money within a day and it was picked up by his shipper in about a week. Very smooth. I got just about what I paid for it $2100. Of course, I had put about a grand into it, but I also put 5000 miles on it. Twenty cents a mile for the most fun on wheels. I’m pleased. It’s up in the DC suburbs of Maryland, if you see it give it a wave.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts