Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT, bike is an 82, not 79.
Well the lady gave me a green light for another bike. One ive been looking at online is a 82 GL500 that appears to be in pretty good shape. Cant tell from the pics but looks like no rust, and only a slight tank dent. Seat is shabby amd will need recovering, possibly new foam. This ones got no fairing, but has the back six pack rack and saddlebag brackets. Looks nice. Owner wants 800 obo and says the bike runs and rides. Any advice, directions, things to look for on this one? Says 37k miles. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
These things are pretty bullet proof. Check it over like any other bike. It is water cooled, look at the hoses and water pump. Make sure it is charging. About the only thing that goes wrong is the stator. The last thing to ask about is the drive shaft. It should be pulled and lubricated on a regular basis.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a feeling that if I pick it up I will end up doing a 100 point inspection and tune before its ridden, just my OCD talking. I wonder though, what its comfort would be like on a 200 mile day.

·
Registered
344 Posts
With the GL500 you can cruise all day in relative comfort, at highway speed and the bike
will not complain. These are high revving engines, 7000 at 70mph more or less.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I picked up the bike. Bags are aftermarket, but awesome. Paid 700, and he bought a brand new AGM battery for it. Rode it home about 15 miles, some freeway. Pretty impressed, that bike is quick and nimble! At least compared to my magna. Looks like ive got my work cut out for me, it needs some things here and there but should end up being a fine investment.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
And how come we don't have any pics yet??, lol

Reactions: bilbikek411

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Sorry for the wait fellas, heres the pics I got earlier. The hard bags are Hepco and Becker brand, and are awesome. Really looking forward to messing around on this bike. Tree Photography Plant Vehicle Camera operator
[ Tree Photography Plant Vehicle Camera operator
=CONFIG]211817[/ATTACH]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Negative, I only got whats pictured, but Im not complaining. The hard bags are huge! And under them theres a nice helmet lock that I verified still works this morning! Maybe Ill keep an eye out for one of the trunks in the future

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Nice beast!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts