Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew the seat cover was in ratty shape on my '80 400T, but never realized how bad until I looked at it today. First time I saw it since I stripped the bike down. I was hoping it would be usable but now I'm not so sure. I'd like to get a new one, or good used one, but I'm a bit short on cash. Anyone know of a good cheap source for seat covers? I've checked out eBay and some of the prices are more than I really want to pay. Maybe I'm just too cheap :D

Any sites would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
Haven't found any reasonable sources for seat covers and e-bay seats that are any good go for as much as a new cover anyway. They're also not that easy to install if you want it done right.

PO wanted a backrest so he fabricated a spring steel support, screwed it to the rear fender and poked it up through the seat cover. Of course I was able to convince him that stupid hole in the seat just took $100 off the value of the bike.

I'm going to play around with one of those upholstery repair kits this winter just for grins, see if I can effect an acceptable repair. (Winters get pretty long up here).

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Seat covers are not that hard to do, you just have to go slowly and have a hair dryer handy.
Best to do them in very warm temperatures, and keep it hot with the hair dryer. An extra set of hands is very helpful.
A good quality cover will probably run $80 or so, minimum.
Don't bother with a cheap one, you won't be happy.........

·
Registered
176 Posts
I got my cover from Sirius Consolidated Inc (SCI) via eBay. The cover itself looks very nice and mostly accurate, although the Honda logo is very slightly blurry- not bad enough to complain, but not as sharp as the logo from my original (but shredded) seat cover. The cover kit comes with a piece of white terelyne foam to add some comfort to your existing foam.

This is the one I bought for my CB360: http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro_detail- ... -36-68.htm. I should have bought directly from their site and saved 10 bucks.

I'll update my project thread with pictures of the re-covering process. First time for me, and I got a pretty nice result out of it, but I could do better next time.

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like I'll have to open the purse strings a bit and get one. :cry: No cash right now, but I won't be riding it until spring anyway so I'll get one before then.

Thanks again.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
My local upholstery shop charges $60 to $75 to recover a seat if there is enough of the old one to use as a pattern............

·
Premium Member
5,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
66Sprint said:
My local upholstery shop charges $60 to $75 to recover a seat if there is enough of the old one to use as a pattern............
You know, I never even thought about getting it covered locally. I don't know of any place around here, I'll have to ask around to see if there is any good place. Mine is in good enough shape to use as a pattern. Just torn in one place and some holes scattered around.

Thanks for the tip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts