Honda Twins banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the most original looking tires available for the early 450 Scramblers? I see Dunlop K70 looks OK but they don't offer a rear? IRC GS-11 look similar. Kenda maybe? Chen-something?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
mtnlvr said:
What are the most original looking tires available for the early 450 Scramblers? I see Dunlop K70 looks OK but they don't offer a rear? IRC GS-11 look similar. Kenda maybe? Chen-something?
K70 can be used front or rear.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have the K70's on my bike. Not bad for the price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i just put some Shinko tires on my CL450. A 244 series 4.10 in the rear and a sr241 Trials 2.75 in the front.

These tires have a nice original look to me and handle well on the road. Only issue I'm having is the front tire is out of balance....I'm not sure if this is the tires fault or the shop that mounted it because they were supposed to balance them for me.

Might think about going with the 244 front and rear. Only reason I didnt was because I needed them quickly for a ride and they couldnt get the front in time.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm...never heard of Shinko before. Have you used them before this set?

·
Registered
16 Posts
mtnlvr said:
Hmm...never heard of Shinko before. Have you used them before this set?

No, but read the reviews on Bike Bandit for the 244's and some of Shinko's other stuff.....mostly very good.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have Shinko 405s on my V-Strom and love the hell out of them. They handle great and wear like iron. I can't speak as to the size/model for the CL450, but when the time comes for new tires (which seems like an eternity with my engine still apart) I will check these out for sure.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the assurance on Shinko...both of you. I may just try a set on my everyday ride once I wear thru my current skins...the patterns look pretty aggressive, but don't look as original as some of the other tires out there...at least to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts